This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Now that Christmas is over, it’s time to start thinking about Valentine’s Day embroidery project ideas!
Usually, I embroider something cute for my niece and nephew and make small items for my daughters’ teachers and classmates.
I’m a huge fan of free Valentine’s Day embroidery machine designs!
Freebies allow me to view a digitizer’s quality before buying designs from them in the future and are also great for decreasing expenses in the new year.
Looking for Valentine embroidery designs to get started on your new year of crafting?
This list of websites offering free designs will be perfect to get you going!
Notes About Valentine’s Day Embroidery Freebies
1. Make sure you download machine embroidery designs to your computer or USB in the file format required by your embroidery machine.
Since I’m a Brother embroidery machine user, I download free .pes Valentine’s Day designs. You can use basic embroidery software to convert the file format if the digitizer doesn’t have designs in your file format.
2. Some sites may require registration to download, so follow the instructions to register. Usually, email signup is not required, but this is a great way to get future special deals if you love a particular digitizer.
3. If you love the free designs, make sure to bookmark the site and visit it next time you want to purchase designs!
4. Some embroidery websites are like “online malls,” with many digitizers listing their embroidery designs.
As such, keep an eye out for star ratings from other customers to ensure you get good-quality designs!
Not all designs are manually digitized by people who know what they’re doing.
FREE Valentine Embroidery Designs: Best Sites
Below is the list of some of my favorite websites, followed by a link below each name. Please let me know if you have any other sites that you love that I missed!
Also, on some websites, you have to filter to find free Valentine’s Day embroidery designs. I’ve noted next to each site where that’s the case.
1. Ann the Gran Embroidery Designs
Website: Ann the Gran
There are many cute Valentine’s embroidery designs on Ann the Gran. For instance, a great selection of free heart embroidery designs of all sizes, textured fill-stitch hearts, and even some love bugs. As of writing, there are over 200 designs!
You can download up to 3 designs a week, so make sure to start your downloading early on.
If you make a purchase, you can download even more designs. And, if you join her club, which usually has a free trial, this gets you even more free designs.
I’ve never had any issues with designs digitized by Ann the Gran.
Other digitizers also seem to sell on her site, and I don’t have much experience with stitch-outs of those designs. So, make sure to view the design in a program or do a test stitch-out before embroidering an expensive item!
There are a little under 100 free Valentine’s embroidery designs at Embroideres.com.
I’ve downloaded many designs from here in the past, and most of them have perfect stitch-outs!
The great thing about this website is the designs are free for commercial use if you sell your embroidered products in quantities less than 100. I like supporting digitizers with a link back when selling, but they are sweet to offer so many freebies with no attribution required.
My favorite design is a cute “Be Mine” with an arrow and heart separating the words. The infinity love design is also charming!
They’ve recently introduced more ads on their pages, so make sure not to click on ads thinking you’re downloading the design.
3. Kreative Kiwi Embroidery
Link: Kreative Kiwi
While freebies can circulate, there are currently 4 free in-the-hoop Valentine’s Day patterns (bookmark, 2 coasters, and a pillow) and one free redwork Valentine’s Day design, which would look great on a dishtowel.
The above LOVE design I stitched with a Kreative Kiwi design using their large applique technique. (I also have bought many of their large applique projects and highly recommend them!)
4. Bunnycup Embroidery
There is a nice selection of general freebies on Bunnycup Embroidery, but I’ve linked above to their two sections with heart-themed embroidery designs freebies.
One is just a selection of cute heart fill-stitch designs, and the other design set is a teddy bear doing various cute actions with one or more hearts.
Bunnycup is one of my favorite places to buy designs, as they offer lots of designs that are perfect for young kids!
5. GG Designs Embroidery
Freebies Page: GG Designs. You have to scroll through designs to find the love-themed ones, including at least one free Valentine applique design.
At the time of writing, GG Designs has three adorable and free machine embroidery heart embroidery designs.
The petite lace hearts applique design is one of my absolute favorite heart designs due to its fun border stitch. And with 6 sizes included, you can find a size that works well for your project if you don’t have embroidery software to resize.
6. Kreations by Kara
Link: Kreations by Kara. Click on the tab for each year and check the February freebies!
Often, you’ll find a rose or other Valentine’s embroidery machine design like a heart in the yearly February download spot. There’s even one monster holding a cute heart in the 2014 section.
7. Pro Digitizing
Website: Pro Digitizing
If you scroll through the designs, there are 4 cute conversational heart embroidery designs, several other heart and love designs, and even a Singles Awareness Day design!
In total, there are close to 10 free Valentine’s Day embroidery designs to download.
More Free Valentine’s Day Embroidery Designs?!
Here are places that either only have a free design or two or with a seasonally rotating freebies section. They’re worth checking out, though!
2. Creative Fabrica has a rotating freebies section that usually has hearts or cute love designs in it!
3. Applique Market offers a heart embroidery frame, which is perfect for monogramming!
4. Scroll past the Valentine’s free-standing lace designs, and you’ll find a handful of free Valentine’s day designs, including a “By My Valentine” and a cute angel holding a heart on SWAK Embroidery.
5. Embroidery Garden has a free Forever Valentine stamp design that would be cute to embroider on fabric envelopes for a quick kid’s gift. There is also a chenille heart embroidery design you can try out if you’re looking to embroider new effects!
6. ABC Embroidery Designs has a fun cross-stitch Happy Valentine’s day design that would make a cute gift idea! I’m new to cross-stitch embroidery designs and want to try one soon!
7. Sew Sweetly usually has a nice set of freebies. Since they rotate seasonally, you may not find any Valentine’s Day designs when looking. There is a cute Valentine’s bee embroidery design, right now.
And that’s my most updated list of free Valentine machine embroidery designs! Which do you like the most?
Or, still reminiscing about the fun of the holidays? Check out this list of free winter and Christmas embroidery designs for your machine!